Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cranberry Season

I got this recipe off a message board I visit and it is SO GOOD. I love cranberries. (Not cranberries shaped like the inside of a can mind you. Whole fresh cranberries.)

This is Ruby Chicken.

Put about 1/3 cup flour and 1tsp kosher salt in a Ziploc bag. Throw in two breasts of chicken (I used a few tenderloins instead as that's what I had) Shake shake shake. Coat chicken. In a skillet melt a couple tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Then put in the chicken and let it brown on both sides.



Meanwhile - in a small saucepan. Put 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, 1/3 cup of white sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste, and 2 Tbs chopped onion.



Bring to a boil over medium heat.



Pour boiling cranberry mixture over browned chicken.


Cover and reduce to simmer. Cook for approximately 25 minute or until chicken is done.




Serve and enjoy!




I made this two nights in a row it was so good!

5 comments:

  1. That looks SO good. I am definitely going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had real cranberries, lol.

    But I love love love the stuff that comes out of a can.. only the kind that's the shape of the can in one big glob, though, haha, and not the mushed up junk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really yummy. I would never have thought to have cranberries with chicken (although chicken is poultry and so is turkey). Anyway I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm that sounds and looks so yummy!! When I start cooking again I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious. I'd like to try that, although I don't know how it would go over with the hubby...!

    ReplyDelete