Sunday, November 16, 2008

Update from the sewing front

I have stacks of fabric and felt and beads on my kitchen tables. It's all ready for me to turn into cute little pillows. See my little sketches for pillow designs:





cute, no? You can click on the pictures if you want to see a bigger version of any of them. The colored pencil on white paper does not a good picture make. I even made little pattern pieces though!





I'm also thinking: hot air balloon, umbrella/rain drops, duck, trees, holiday (snowmen, Christmas tree) as possible "felt applique on a pillow" designs. I'm hoping they'll turn out cute enough that I can sell them for a few bucks on etsy. Felt is cheap and I buy fabric on sale and in remnants - so it should be something i can actually make a small profit on. Hopefully. Any ideas for other felt applique designs that look like they might fall in my limited drawing range?



And really - the entire purpose of this blog update is because I thought posting pictures of my sketches sounded like more fun than ironing the fabric so I could actually, oh, I don't know, START the pillows.

I hate ironing.


Ok. I'll iron them. And I won't use the fabric that's not washed yet either. I will follow the sewing rules!


I'll let ya'll see when I'm done!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I particularly like the two flower ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are hilarious! I hate ironing too, we don't even own one! We use the dryer to unwrinkle everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you become quite talented there. My favorite is the one with the two large flowers. I've been wanting to make felt appliques forever and have tons of felt, but I just never got around to it. Maybe you're final creations will inspire me to try to make some too.

    ReplyDelete